Have recently been swamped with work and of course like a faithful servant stress follows. So much so that at times, you just don’t know how to or simply just forgot to let go. But God remembered and I read one post in kingdavid.wordpress.com to clearly get me to slow down. Maybe you need to read it too…
1. Speak to God and also let God speak to you. The Spirit alone gives eternal life. Human effort accomplishes nothing. And the very words I have spoken to you are spirit and life. John 663
2. Go to bed peacefully on time. In peace I will lie down and sleep, for you alone, O Lord, will keep me safe. Psalms 4:8
3. Get up on time so you can start the day unrushed.
4. Say No, to projects that won’t fit into your time schedule, or that will compromise your mental health.
5. Delegate tasks to capable others.
6. Simplify and unclutter your life.
7. Less is more. (Although one is often not enough, two are often too many.)
8. Allow extra time to do things and to get to places.
9. Pace yourself. Spread out big changes and difficult projects over time; don’t lump the hard things all together.
10. Take one day at a time.
11. Separate worries from concerns. If a situation is a concern, find out what God would have you to do and let go of the anxiety. If you can’t do anything about a situation, forget it.
12. Live within your budget; don’t use credit cards for ordinary purchases.
13. Have backups; an extra car key in your wallet, an extra house key buried in the garden, extra stamps, etc.,
14. K.M.S. (Keep Mouth Shut). This single piece of advice can prevent an enormous amount of trouble.
15. Do something for the Kid in You everyday.
16. Carry a book with you to read while waiting in line.
17. Get enough exercise.
18. Eat right.
19. Get organized so everything has its place.
20. While driving, listen to a tape that can help improve your quality of life.
21. Write thoughts and inspirations down.
22. Every day, find time to be alone.
23. Having problems? Talk to God on the spot. Try to nip small problems in the bud. Don’t wait until it’s time to go to bed to try and pray.
24. Make friends with Godly people.
25. Keep a folder of favorite scriptures on hand.
26. Remember that the shortest bridge between despair and hope is often a good “Thank you, Lord!”
28. Laugh some more!
29. Take your work seriously, but yourself not at all.
30. Develop a forgiving attitude, most people are doing the best they can.
31. Be kind to unkind people, they probably need it the most.
32. Sit on your ego.
33. Talk less; listen more.
34. Slow down. – some more.
35. Remind yourself that you are not the general manager of the universe… God is.
36. Every night before bed, think of one thing you’re grateful for that you’ve never been grateful for before.